- We're offering Level 1 & Level 2 WCS at this time.
- SATURDAY, March 25, 2023 - Saturday dance @ the Delaware House!
- Sunday, April 16, 2023 - Practice Party @ the Delaware House!
- During SEVERE Weather - Check here or our Facebook page for Cancellations!!
- 2 Levels of classes! Level 1 (Beginner) FREE for Members!
- Give the gift of dance!! $30 club membership gift certificate = FREE Beginner West Coast Swing Lessons for 1 year! Private Lesson gift certificates also available!
2023 Beginner West Coast Swing Lesson Schedule
- Most Sundays 6:30 PM @ Delaware House 2499 S Delaware Ave Milwaukee (Bay View), WI
- Upcoming Beginner Lessons: March 12, April 2, April 16, & April 23 more TBA
- Beginner (Level 1) West Coast Swing Lessons FREE/12 months with $30 optional membership or $12/nonmember
- Drop-in classes, no preregistration, casual dress
- No partner or dance experience needed
- More 2023 class dates TBA!
2023 Open Dance Schedule
- SATURDAY, March 25 @ the Delaware House! **** 7:30 - 8:30 PM Beg & Inter/Adv WCS workshops, 8:30 - 11 PM Open Dance! **** Saturday Dance (includes beginner lesson) = $10/member, $12/nonmember **** Saturday Dance & Inter/Adv Workshop = $15/member, $20/nonmember
- Sunday, April 16 @ the Delaware House! **** 6:30 - 7:15 PM level 1 WCS, 7:15 - 9 PM Open Dance! **** Sunday Lesson & Dance = $8/member, $12/nonmember
- More 2023 dance dates TBA!
About our Club
M ilwaukee Rebels Swing Dance Club was founded for the purpose of promoting West Coast Swing (WCS). WCS is our main emphasis, however we welcome and encourage all styles of dancing. WCS is an exciting dance that really allows the dancer to develop their own style and interpret the music. WCS is primarily danced to rhythm and blues, but many other forms of music including pop, blues, rock and roll, disco, jazz, country and big band are perfect for this type of dance. This musical flexibility allows a dancer to strut their stuff at any nightclub, wedding reception, etc…. The Club is a great place to dance, socialize and listen to a wide variety of music.
- Learn to Dance
- Socialize and meet new people
- All kinds of different music.
- Different Levels of classes
Membership has its privileges....
Milwaukee Rebels' members are entitled to discounts at the regular Rebels dances, sister club dances (Madison, Chicago, Twin Cities, and St. Louis), workshops by visiting instructors and other special events.
Here's a deal to good to be real....
As a Milwaukee Rebels member, beginner West Coast Swing Classes are FREE to you for an entire year!! The yearly membership fee is only $30. No preregistration required, just show up!
New members always welcome!!
Give the Gift of Dance
Personalized Club Membership Gift Certificates ($30)
Entitles the member to FREE beginner West Coast Swing Lessons for a year!
Private Lesson Gift Certificates also available!
W e will focus on the basics. In addition, a few variations of the basics will be taught to get you comfortable on the social dance floor. We emphasize the technical aspects of the dance during our classes while keeping a smile on everyone’s face. The beginner classes provide a foundation which is built upon during intermediate lessons. We recommend that the beginner classes be taken as many times as needed until you feel comfortable with the moves and techniques. As soon as you feel confident, move up into the intermediate classes. The intermediate classes include more advanced moves, concepts, and techniques.
No preregistration required, just show up!!
** No Partner Needed For Lessons **
Level 1 (Beginner): FREE/Member, $12/Nonmember
Level 2: $8/Member, $12/Nonmember
Level 3: $8/Member, $12/Nonmember
Sunday Practice Party (Includes beginner lesson): $8/Member, $12/Nonmember
Saturday Open Dance (Includes beginner lesson): $10/Member, $12/Nonmember
Saturday Dance & Inter/Adv Workshop Combo: $15/Member, $20/Nonmember
Saturday Inter/Adv Workshop Only: $8/Member, $12/Nonmember
Saturday Beginner Lesson Only: FREE/Member, $12/Nonmember
Optional Yearly Membership Fee: $30 – NEW MEMBERS ALWAYS WELCOME!!
HERE’S A DEAL THAT IS TOO GOOD TO BE REAL:
Become a member of the Milwaukee Rebels and beginner West Coast Swing Classes are FREE for a year!!
Select location below for directions and map!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and stay up-to-date on our classes, dances and events!!
Interested in private lessons? Contact us for more information!
M ike Konkel and Sheli Schroeder are nationally recognized swing dance competitors. West Coast Swing is their passion and specialty. They began their dance partnership in 2003. They are currently competing on the National Swing Dance Circuit in the Classic Swing division. They are most proud of their two US Open wins; Teams (2007) and Sophisticated Swing Division (2017). Mike and Sheli truly love dancing, competing, and teaching together. They are passionate in growing Wisconsin's west coast swing community and are inspired by watching the progress of their students.
We look forward to seeing and dancing with you at our next event or class!!.